Sunday, July 20, 2014

Need Help - What are some tricks to take crushed pills/vitamins?

Day 11 - 247 lbs
Total Lost - 33 lbs

So today I took my diet a step further and made myself a scrambled egg for lunch.  Mixed in a bit crushed red pepper and onion bits.  Best damn egg I had in a long time.

For dinner I continued with the soft foods and made myself a packet of Oatmeal with Skim Milk.

I know I'm supposed to wait till Week 6 to start soft foods but this just ain't kicking it anymore.  I feel so hungry all the time and Rob even said today that I am being bi-polar.

This satisfies my stomach for today so tomorrow I'll go back to the liquid diet.

So....here is my dilemna for today.....I can't stand the taste of my chewables - especially the Calcium Citrate.

Are there any cool tricks to try for getting all my pills down that I won't even taste them?

On a daily basis I am on -

1 - 100 mg Zoloft (break in half and swallow)
1 - 75 mg Synthoid for Thyroid (break in half and swallow)
1/2 - 250 mg B1 (swallowed)
2 - Chewable Multivitiams (chewed with a sour face)
2 - Chewable Calcium Citrate (chewed later in day with a sour face)

I tried crushing my normal pills and putting them in Applesauce but it was so bitter, I found myself gagging.

So if anyone out there has the same problem or has any ideas for this regiment....comment away and I'll try!

No comments:

Post a Comment