Saturday, July 26, 2014

To smoke or not to smoke.....that is the question!

Day 16 - 242 lbs
Total Lost - 38 lbs

So, it's Day 16 and I'm still stuck on liquids but today....yes today I picked the first cucumber off my plants outside and just had to have the first bite...I cut it in half and then in spears...I took small bites and chewed that up - I ate the whole half and didn't feel sick...



Then Rob made dinner which was boneless ribs on the grill...I thought...oh well...let's see if I can stomach that...I cut a piece up in small bites and more solid food went down without a hitch...woo hooo!!!

I went to the surgeon (Dr. Renza) on Thursday for my 2 week checkup and thought I had stitches but nope...she only used glue to seal those incisions up...and get this...she said I could go back to work the very next day...UMMMM...YEAH RIGHT....I begged her to let me stay home another week - damn...it's summer out there and I want at least a week where I'm feeling good to be able to lay out in the sun and maybe take a trip down the shore.



Here is my question for the day......

How many smokers quit right before the surgery and then go back to it afterwards??

I've smoked since I have been around 10 years old.  Right now is the longest in my life, I have ever gone without smoking.  I wanted this surgery bad enough that I knew it was either quit or stay fat.

I quit cold turkey with a hookah pen (vapor pen) with 0mg of Nicotine Liquid.  It was hard cause I was also on my clear liquid diet before the surgery....that was freaking tough...then I was freaking out cause I didn't know if I was going to pass the Nicotine Blood Test a few days before the surgery.



So now that I'm feeling better, I'm starting to get cravings for a smoke.  It's clear as day that smoking after this surgery can cause ulcers and delayed healing....plus I can breathe again without huffing...I walk outside and don't lose my breath.

I don't want to go back to smoking but the cravings are getting worse every day - I guess I'm going to have to break out the hookah pen again and hope that will satisfy my cravings.

No comments:

Post a Comment